- Make your website more interactive. Add feedback forms, surveys, guest books, auto responders, down loadable documents and opt for a regular newsletter or e brochure or e mailer. Check out some such samples at: http://www.arete.in/design-templates.aspx
- Online marketing is surely the in thing. Add a simple shopping cart feature to your website and start taking orders online.
- Have a small back office application for billing and customer management. Submit invoices by e-mail. Have a centralized database of your customers. Keep the customers in the loop for promoting your business…regularly and often.
- Research your competition. The web offers tremendous potential for researching your markets and competitors. start using a few top resources like Business.com for general business research.
- Get proactive about ATTRACTING visitors to your site. Make sure your website is listed in search engines and get more out of your listings.
- Add interesting and timely content to your site. Updating your site frequently and regularly is important. Relate it to the maintenance of your shop, window dressing etc., The more attractive your site is in terms of interesting content, more visitors, it will get.This is something you may need to do yourself. Consider hiring a freelance writer to produce original news, features and how-to articles for your site that are related to your small business. Putting fresh content up monthly could cost as little as a few hundred rupees.
Next article: how to make most out of social media marketing. (Send a request by sending mail to email@example.com for subscribing these articles to your inbox)